Much-loved Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes are filled with cheese and bacon plus an amazing flavor boost from the additions of zucchini, carrots and onions.
This “healthier” version of Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes makes a complete and robust meal that everyone will love. Eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
This recipe makes a lot on purpose because these potatoes are perfect for the freezer. Spend an afternoon making this big batch and enjoy them for weeks to come.
Loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes with Veggies
- 10 medium-sized Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Zucchini (finely diced or shredded)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and finely diced or shredded)
- 4 Green onions (sliced)
- 1 pound Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub potatoes and pierce several times with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about an hour, until soft to the touch. Cool until easy to handle.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the potato to with 1/4 inch of the skin, being careful to leave the skin intact. Place the scooped out potatoes in a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- Stir milk, butter and sour cream into the potatoes until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and stir until completely combined. Spoon the filling into the potato shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned and crisped on top. If you want the top to be extra crispy and browned, place under a broiler for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- If you do not want to make extras for the freezer, you can easily cut this recipe in half.
- To freeze the extra potatoes, cool completely after baking and then flash freeze on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, place in a freezer bag and return to the freezer. To reheat from frozen, bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or microwave for 3 to 5 minutes.