Candy Cane Snowballs
Put Candy Cane Snowballs at the top of your Christmas cookie list because everyone loves the buttery, sugary and peppermint-y taste in each delicious bite.
- 3 cups Powdered sugar (divided)
- 1 1/4 cup Butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla (or if you'd prefer a stronger peppermint flavor, you can replace 1 teaspoon of vanilla with a teaspoon of peppermint extract)
- 1 Egg
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Finely crushed candy canes (divided)
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons Milk
In a mixing bowl, beat 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar and butter until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Slowly add to mixing bowl, beating until combined, about 1 minute. Stir 1/2 cup finely crushed candy canes in by hand.
Roll dough into small balls using just under a teaspoon of dough. Rolls balls through granulated sugar to coat and place on baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool.
While cookies bake, stir together remaining 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar with 2-3 T. of milk. Add just enough milk to form a thick glaze. Drizzle over cooled cookies and top with remaining crushed candy canes immediately.