Sausage and Cheese Pinwheels
Sausage and Cheese Pinwheels are a delicious, homemade treat that can be served for breakfast, as an appetizer, or alongside a warm bowl of soup.
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine (cut into pieces)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 pound Bulk pork sausage (cooked, drained and crumbled small)
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese (shredded)
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter or margarine until crumbly. Add milk as need until a soft but not sticky dough forms.
Knead dough one minute.
Divide dough in half and roll out.
Top with a layer of cooked sausage and a layer of cheese. Roll up jelly roll style.
Slice the roll into pieces, about an inch thick.
Place onto a cookie sheet lined with foil and greased.
Repeat with second batch.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add green onions, scrambled eggs, different varieties of cheeses, etc. There are endless customization options with Sausage and Cheese Pinwheels, so have fun with it and make the recipe your own.
- Great for breakfast or as an appetizer!