This homemade beefaroni recipe is a fresher, healthier version of the classic canned variety. Kids and adults alike will love this for lunch or dinner!
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 2 14.5 oz. Cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 pound Cooked pasta (any shape works, but if you can find small ziti noodles, those will be closest in looks to the original canned Beefaroni)
Brown ground beef in a sauce pan and drain.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except the pasta. Simmer for about 10 minutes, to let the flavors combine.
Stir in the pasta until coated. Enjoy!
- You can freeze this with or without the noodles, depending on your preference. See notes above.
- Use any shape of noodles that you'd like. I use elbow macaroni most frequently, but I really like to use small ziti whenever I can find it because it most closely resembles to original.