Taco Macaroni Skillet
The whole family will love this easy, one-pan Taco Macaroni Skillet. Healthier than boxed options yet just as quick to get on table at the end of a busy day.
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 pound Elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cup Beef stock or broth
- 1 8 ounce Can tomato sauce
- 1 14 ounce Can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups Frozen corn
- 1 cup Shredded cheese
Brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Stir in seasonings.
Add noodles, stock, tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cover skillet and simmer, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender, about 15 - 20 minutes.
Stir in corn until heated through. Top with cheese and serve.
- Customize the recipe to make Taco Macaroni Skillet your own - stir in some queso, replace the tomato sauce with red enchilada sauce, top with your favorite taco toppings, etc.
- If you use a different type of noodle, be aware that you may need to adjust the cooking time so that you don't over or under-cook noodles.