Chickpea Cucumber Salad
Tangy Chickpea Cucumber Salad is packed with freshness and flavor thanks to the addition of fresh parsley, black olives and a zesty marinade.
- 15 oz. can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 large cucumber (peeled, quartered and sliced)
- 5 oz. can sliced black olives (rinsed)
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 t. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley (diced)
Combine chickpeas, cucumber and black olives in a bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir in parsley and pour over chickpea mixture.
Toss to coat and refrigerate until serving.
- If you don't have apple cider vinegar, you can substitute white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar.
- Make sure you use fresh, crisp cucumbers.
- Mix it up with some of the options above.
- If you add a lot of additional options, you will probably need to double the marinade.
- You can eat this salad as soon as it is mixed together but for the best flavor, let it chill in the refrigerate for a few hours before enjoying.