Copycat Starbucks Molasses Cookies
Rich, chewy and bursting with spicy-sweet deliciousness, this recipe makes cookies that taste just like Starbucks' Molasses Cookie.
- 3/4 cup Butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Blackstrap molasses (or 1/2 cup regular molsasses)
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 cup White sugar (for rolling the dough in)
Cream the butter or margarine and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add the egg and molasses and beat for an additional minute.
In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Sift or stir with a fork or whisk for 30 seconds.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Cover dough and refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours, until firm.
Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into a ball, then roll through white sugar. Place on lightly greased or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- This process will result in light, cake-like cookies. If you prefer crispier cookies, flatten the sugar-coated balls of dough slightly with your palm or the bottom of a glass.
- If you are in a hurry, you can skip the chilling stage. However, be aware that the cookies will spread a bit more than they would if you use chilled dough.