Bacon and Cheese Muffins
Bacon and Cheese Muffins are a delicious, savory make-ahead breakfast option that also do double duty as a snack or soup side. No matter the situation, you can't go wrong with bacon and cheese!
- 4 cups Flour
- 4 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 pound Bacon (diced and cooked crisp with grease drained)
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together the milk, melted butter or margarine and eggs. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
Fold in the bacon and cheese just until combined. Scoop into greased or lined muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Make sure you cook the bacon nice and crispy.
- Do not over mix the batter.
- Freeze for prolonged storage.