Try something different with this Artichoke Salsa recipe. It's a fun and tasty twist on the classic that makes a great appetizer or snack.
- 1 6.5 ounce Jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup Black olives
- 1/2 cup Grape tomatoes
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon Fresh basil
- 1/8 tablespoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Drain artichokes, reserving 2 T. of the marinating liquid. Coarsely chop the artichokes, olives and tomatoes.
Place in a small bowl. Finely mince garlic and basil. Stir into bowl along with seasonings and reserved marinade.
Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- Mix up the basic Artichoke Salsa recipe my adding some capers, red onion, goat cheese, cucumbers, roasted eggplant, or any other add-ins that appeal to you.
- Serve with pitas, pita chips, flatbread, tortilla chips, bagel chips, pretzel thins, toasted Italian bread, or water crackers.
- If possible, prep the recipe at least 30 minutes before you plan to serve it so that the flavors have a chance to combine.
- The salsa will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days. I do not recommend freezing.