Whip up a batch of these Peach Muffins for a hearty and delicious breakfast or snack option. They're packed with fresh peaches, oats and a tasty mixtures of spices. The whole family will love them!
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 tablespoon Ground ginger
- 1/4 tablespoon Salt
- 1 cup Oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 Large peach, diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
Combine the first 7 ingredients ( brown sugar, sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla)in a large mixing bowl and beat/mix until well combined.
Stir the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and whisk/stir with a fork for a few seconds.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in peaches.
Pour batter into greased (or lined) muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- You can replace the fresh peaches with canned peaches, if you'd like. If you do, make sure that you drain the peaches completely before adding to your batter.
- If you make mini muffins, check for doneness starting at around 12 minutes.
- These muffins will stay fresh on the counter (well-covered) for about 3 days. If you'd like them to last longer, you can freeze in a plastic freezer bag and then thaw on the counter for at least 1 hour or in the microwave on defrost for about 25 seconds.