This homemade Hamburger Helper recipe for Cheeseburger Macaroni cooks up quickly in one-pot for that convenience that you love with an infinitely better taste!
Cheeseburger Macaroni can easily be made gluten free by just swapping the macaroni noodles for a gluten free brand.
Kids and adults alike will absolutely love this meal. It tastes so much better than the boxed version, but it cooks up just as easily.
Homemade Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni
- 1 pound Ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 small Yellow onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 12 ounces Elbow macaroni (regular or gluten free)
- 3 cups Beef stock
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Dill pickle relish
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional salt and pepper (to taste)
- Put ground beef (or turkey) and diced onion in a large, deep skillet and season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Cook until browned and drain.
- Stir in macaroni noodles, beef stock and milk.
- Bring to a slow boil, stirring frequently.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes, until noodles are tender.
- Remove cover and stir in remaining ingredients, stirring to combine well. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. If the sauce is too thin for your liking, cook for a few additional minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you are using gluten free noodles, I’ve found that they tend to cook more quickly than regular noodles, so check frequently.
- Leftovers make a delicious lunch the next day!