English Muffin Bread is a delicious and quick homemade recipe with all of the classic flavors you love and none of the hassle!Jump to Recipe
I love this bread! It is so easy to put together and it turns out so moist and delicious. I usually make it in my Kitchen-Aid and it takes less than 10 minutes that way. It’s not much longer by hand either.
This bread does taste just like an English muffin, but without all the hassle of forming it into individual servings.
English Muffin Bread
- 3 c. Flour
- 2 1/2 t. Yeast (or 1 packet)
- 2 t. Sugar
- 1 t. Salt
- 1/8 t. Baking powder
- 1 c. Milk
- 1/4 c. Water
- Corn meal (for dusting loaf pan)
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 c. flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix for 1 minute.
- While flour is mixing, pour milk and water into a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until just warm, about 2 minutes. Pour into mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining cup of flour, 1/2 a cup at a time, and mix for 3-5 minutes (or knead by hand for 5-7 minutes). Dough will be somewhat sticky.
- Grease a loaf pan and sprinkle with cornmeal. Spread dough into pan, cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- You can use this recipe for making traditional English muffins if you’d like. Add an extra 1/2 c. of flour to the dough and shape on a well-floured surface. Let rise on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. You should get about 6 muffins.
- English Muffin Bread freezes beautifully. I like to slice it before freezing so that I can pull out just a slice or two at a time and throw them in the toaster.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe.