These breakfast cookies will be the star of your breakfast lineup thanks to the fun of eating a cookie for breakfast paired with the well-loved and delicious flavor of a classic PB&J.Jump to Recipe
I first started making breakfast cookies a few years ago and they’ve become a staple in our home ever since. I love the versatility of them almost as much as I love what a quick and easy option they are in the morning. Not to mention, it’s never a struggle to convince any of the kids to eat a cookie for breakfast!
Easy, healthy and fun breakfast
These PB&J Breakfast Sandwich Cookies are simply the next level of awesome in the breakfast cookie line-up.
Layering two peanut butter breakfast cookies together with a healthy layer of strawberry or raspberry jam makes for a very filling breakfast that’s still healthy and even a little sweet. It’s perfect!
Just a few ingredients and a few minutes are all you’ll need to whip these up.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Breakfast Cookies
- 3 c. Oats (quick-cooking)
- 1 c. Brown sugar
- 2 t. Baking powder
- 1 t. Salt
- 1 1/2 c. Peanut butter
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 c. Milk
- 1 t. Vanilla
- Preserves, jam or jelly of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add peanut butter, eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Roll a rounded tablespoon of dough into a ball, place on a cookie sheet and repeat until done. With the palm of your hand or the greased bottom of a glass, press cookies into a circle.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until just firm and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Spread jelly on the bottom of one cookie, top with another and repeat. Enjoy!
- You can freeze these cookies before or after baking. If you freeze after baking, wait to assemble with the jam or jelly until after you’ve defrosted the cookies.
- Mix it up by swapping the jam/jelly with a layer of Nutella or honey.