Buttery, sweet Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies taste like your favorite fresh-from-the-bakery cookies. Perfect for Christmas when rolled in green and red sprinkles.
Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies are a hit with kids of all ages, including kids-at-heart! They have a classic, buttery taste that takes you back. You’ll fall in love with the first bite. But be warned… you won’t be able to stop at just one.
You can definitely have fun with the sprinkles you use on the cookies as well. Stick with rainbow sprinkles for a classic presentation, or mix it up with red and green for Christmas, chocolate sprinkles for the chocolate lover, or even the colors of your favorite college or sports team. The only limit is the available sprinkles at your grocery store!
How to make Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies
These cookies are surprisingly adaptable, so fit them into your schedule in a way that works best for you.
They are perfect to make ahead of time! That means you can make the dough and freeze before using, roll out the dough balls and cover with sprinkles before freezing, or freezing the baked cookies. You can also keep the dough in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days before baking.
If you freeze the cookie-sized balls of dough that have been rolled in sprinkles before baking, you can bake them directly from the freezer without thawing them first. Just add 2-3 minutes of additional baking time when you bake them.
Although this recipe makes 2 1/2 – 3 dozen cookies, be aware that being generous with the sprinkles means that you might run out before you’re able to cover all of the cookies. I recommend having an extra jar of sprinkles on hand, just in case!
Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 3 ounce Jar rainbow sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and extracts and beat for 2-3 minutes, until combined and smooth.
- In a small bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the mixing bowl and beat just until completely combined.
- Pour the rainbow sprinkles into a bowl or on a plate. Roll about a tablespoon of dough into a ball then roll through the sprinkles. Place on a cookie sheet and repeat until done.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Leave a Reply